Skip to main content

Resources

Hello everyone,

My post today is more about resources. Below I will provide some information that I have used to help me better understand the process, and that have helped my husband and I in pointing out discrepancies, and how I have used these. First and foremost I would like to say that I am not an attorney by any means, however, I am a freak in that I love research. My personal mentality no matter where I am, or what I am doing, I have always been the person who asks why? I am always the person who when someone explains a company guideline, policy, procedures, ect. I want to know where I can find that information.

DCFS in Utah, and I am pretty sure in all states, has posted their manual for the public. I find this to be a great tool. This manual for Utah is 111 pages long, and I have printed it out, picked it apart, and read every word within the manual. I have provided a link specific to Utah below. I suggest if you are going through this process, that you be aware of all of the policies that are in place in order to ensure that this organization is taking the appropriate measures when handling your situation.

http://hspolicy.utah.gov/files/dcfs/DCFS%20Practice%20Guidelines/200-%20Child%20Protective%20Services.pdf

You can also find the ethics manual for social workers on the government websites. In Utah, DOPL has the link to where you will find the ethical code of conduct and manual that goes with that. If it is beneficial to you to look up that manual, again, print it out, highlight, and point out every violation that you have encountered would be in my opinion a good reference.

Now I said before, I am not an attorney, so if you are not an attorney hire good ones! If you skip out on a good attorney, in my experience, you are sunk. Without a doubt! Find someone who is not afraid of this system, someone who will point out everything, someone who is going to work for the money you just provided. They aren't cheap, but they are worth it.

The manual I am providing a link for below is about DCFS. Who they are, what they do, and my personal favorite portion, the Adoption Incentive Payment. Apparently, when DCFS has children adopted into the community they receive a bonus! Isn't that fun for them?! It is disbursed through budgeting grants, and it is provided in a timely manner. At least that's what the manual says. Sorry, that was just a side note.

http://dcfs.utah.gov/pdf/reports/CFSP.pdf

Now, being as hindsight is 20/20, when DCFS first showed up to speak with my husband and I, silly us, we thought they were there to help. So we spoke with them, as well as law enforcement thinking that they were going to help us find out what is going on with our son, provide us with resources to help us get through this difficult time, and actually listen to what we had to say. Well looking back I wish I had read this article prior to ever speaking to anyone because it turns out, they were there to destroy my life. The link I provided below is to a blog with the dos and don't when it come to CPS.

http://fightcps.com/2007/09/04/donts-and-dos-when-falsely-accused-of-child-abuse-or-neglect/

Now specifically to Utah this advocate gives a great background of the organization, intentions, and their basis of why they do what they do.

https://vimeo.com/68829211

And an article....

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/52378409-78/child-dcfs-audit-services.html.csp

Now back to my story. I have been informed that they judge that heard my case in Nevada, the judge that our Utah judge had a "review" with, the judge that is going to make the decision to send my children back from Nevada where their loving grandparents have been caring for them, is also the same judge who declined to an on camera interview with the local news station because of a very tragic event. Let me summarize it for you because it's very interesting that she is still a child welfare judge. If your in Nevada listen up. Judge Amy Mastin denied a woman, who was filing for divorce from her abusive husband, a restraining order. She said that the restraining order did not meet the requirements, which was later deemed that it did, but anyways... She denied the woman the restraining order, and a month later, the husband killed the woman, three children, and then took his own life. So clearly you can see that safety of children is the number 1 priority of government officials, again, my "opine". Read for yourself:























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets rattle some cages together...

My audience is very specific. I am getting back into this blog because I have been written by several people who are going through the same devastating experience I had been through, and want me to continue this blog. In the beginning I felt as though continuing this blog would only force me to hold on to negative feelings that I don’t want to embrace any longer, but as I speak out to family and friends, they encourage me to move past those feelings, and use my experience to help others. I get it. Yes, it still stings, and it has taken me quite some time to get around to the idea of keeping this blog open because there are constant thoughts of, “what happens if the state attempts to retaliate?” because let be honest, they aren’t above it. Then I thought, this is my platform. It might not be much, it might not reach many people, but here is where I begin to help others. I want to begin a podcast essentially. I want to review cases of families that are going through similar situatio
Hello all, You don't know me, and neither does Utah's DCFS, but I have created this blog in hopes that you will get to know me better than the system has attempted to. My name is Sydney Claxton-Martinez. I have many roles that I play in my life. I am a mother, a wife, a United States Marine, a daughter, a sister, and so forth. A more recent title that has been thrusted upon my husband and I has been child abuser. August 4, 2016 has gone down as one of the worst days of my life. Upon waking up, and attempting to feed my 6 week old child (at the time), I noticed that his right arm and right leg were twitching. I monitored him for about 10 minutes, called my in laws to get my older two, and rushed my son to the hospital. Upon arrival to the hospital a CT scan was done of my son’s head. The doctor came up to me and explained to my surprise that my son had multiple skull fractures and bleeding of the brain. He explained that my son needed to be transferred to a different ho

Utah DCFS update

Good Evening All! I have been having mixed emotions about what has been going on when it comes to DCFS. I find that the problem does not fall strictly on one organization, but rather multiple government agencies. My husband and I have been lied to, my parents (who have my oldest 2) have been manipulated, and in the end the conclusion is that the state gets what they want because they are willing to stoop to unbelievable lows in order to reach their goal. Every year DCFS is given funding that allows for their mass destruction of families. In order for the program to gain funding, they must remove a certain number of children from homes to sustain the budget. Not only this, but if you look in the DCFS manual, you will notice that they also get an "incentive bonus" for the adoption of children away from their families. Let me tell you some things about me and my family. My husband and I are veterans, we both are college educated, we own our above average house, our childre