Skip to main content

One of those days.....

Today I want to touch base on feelings. If you are going through this you will learn this is a marathon of constant emotional changes.

As the rain pours against my window, it is almost as if the weather has predicted my emotional state this morning. I lie in bed questioning what type of mood I will be in today. My husband makes grilled cheese and tomato soup, and it instantly takes me back to when I would whip this signature dish up for my children. I cut their sandwich into halves, then again to make make four small squares. My daughter immediately opens the bread and eats the cheese, and my son dunks his right into his soup. I snap back into the present leaving me gazing into my soup, and experience an immediate loss of appetite. My mind is swirling with memories back to when my biggest issues were passing finals week as little feet parade through the house.

I walk back to my room and climb back under the covers of my bed. Sex and the City is on TV which it is nice to be an outsider looking in on Carrie Bradshaw's latest and greatest drama. She lights up a cigarette as if helps her to cope with her relationship struggles. I think this is a good idea, so go outside and do the same. Sitting there smoking with the rain pounding on the street my mind jumps again to the times before when my kids would play inside, and watch the rain. Back to the times when I didn't smoke because there wasn't a void that needed to be filled. I think of the last time it rained, and the fort I help my son build, and how my daughter climbed in for all of two second before she knocked it down, and I had to rebuild it.

Smoking didn't help, Carrie Bradshaw is not help, and I start work in a few hours. Maybe work will be my saving grace today. I fall back into my bed, and here it comes... The tears stream down my face as I look at my lock screen and see the smiling face of my youngest. My husband wraps his arms around me and instantly knows. I think of yesterday when I visited with my little one for my ridiculous one hour supervised visit, and can't help but feel empty. My son has grown six weeks older. He has been gone for more weeks than I had him for since he was born.

I never thought I would be a mother growing up. I didn't feel as though I had one maternal bone in my body. After my first son was born, I discovered that is why I was put on this Earth. I am here because I am meant to be a mother. That is why I continued to have children. Now that I no longer have sandwiches to slice, forts to build, and little feet stomping throughout our home I sometimes feel lost. Today is emotional, and I find it is best to recognize these feeling so that one can find strength when they are done crying. Through this experience I have also discovered that if you are going to have a cry, then take that time to reflect, gather your thoughts, and organize your emotions. You don't have to be strong all the time. Today is just one of those day, and on these days Carrie Bradshaw can't take my mind off it.

Stay strong.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lets rattle some cages together...

My audience is very specific. I am getting back into this blog because I have been written by several people who are going through the same devastating experience I had been through, and want me to continue this blog. In the beginning I felt as though continuing this blog would only force me to hold on to negative feelings that I don’t want to embrace any longer, but as I speak out to family and friends, they encourage me to move past those feelings, and use my experience to help others. I get it. Yes, it still stings, and it has taken me quite some time to get around to the idea of keeping this blog open because there are constant thoughts of, “what happens if the state attempts to retaliate?” because let be honest, they aren’t above it. Then I thought, this is my platform. It might not be much, it might not reach many people, but here is where I begin to help others. I want to begin a podcast essentially. I want to review cases of families that are going through similar situatio
Hello all, You don't know me, and neither does Utah's DCFS, but I have created this blog in hopes that you will get to know me better than the system has attempted to. My name is Sydney Claxton-Martinez. I have many roles that I play in my life. I am a mother, a wife, a United States Marine, a daughter, a sister, and so forth. A more recent title that has been thrusted upon my husband and I has been child abuser. August 4, 2016 has gone down as one of the worst days of my life. Upon waking up, and attempting to feed my 6 week old child (at the time), I noticed that his right arm and right leg were twitching. I monitored him for about 10 minutes, called my in laws to get my older two, and rushed my son to the hospital. Upon arrival to the hospital a CT scan was done of my son’s head. The doctor came up to me and explained to my surprise that my son had multiple skull fractures and bleeding of the brain. He explained that my son needed to be transferred to a different ho

Utah DCFS update

Good Evening All! I have been having mixed emotions about what has been going on when it comes to DCFS. I find that the problem does not fall strictly on one organization, but rather multiple government agencies. My husband and I have been lied to, my parents (who have my oldest 2) have been manipulated, and in the end the conclusion is that the state gets what they want because they are willing to stoop to unbelievable lows in order to reach their goal. Every year DCFS is given funding that allows for their mass destruction of families. In order for the program to gain funding, they must remove a certain number of children from homes to sustain the budget. Not only this, but if you look in the DCFS manual, you will notice that they also get an "incentive bonus" for the adoption of children away from their families. Let me tell you some things about me and my family. My husband and I are veterans, we both are college educated, we own our above average house, our childre