Skip to main content

Bravo Utah

Well hello hello....

Today has been interesting to say the least. In my previous blog posts I have rambled on and on about the wrong doings of DCFS, and their relentless nature when it comes to stealing children. My parents, who as I have previously described, have my two oldest children in Nevada. Utah has insisted that my parents have yet to take the appropriate measures to be "allowed" to have the children in their care. Well the tables have turned, and I would say that the state of Utah is not happy.

My parents have hired an attorney who has established his reputation based upon cases like this, and it is close to flawless. Last week Utah had a UCCJEA conference call with the Nevada judge, who mind you has absolutely no say in anything because she is a commissioner. The commissioner was not thrilled when my parents and their attorney showed up to their expedited hearing for guardianship where she was informed of her inability to make any ruling on the case. She can make recommendations for the judge to decide the future of my children.

This case has nothing to do with UCCJEA, and has everything to do with the placement of the children being already pre-selected prior to even being served papers by DCFS. My husband and I knew that our son was going to be in the hospital for a while, and it was our decision to send them to reside with family. The choice for placement had already been decided prior to the invasion of DCFS.

Utah DCFS was informed that the kids would be at the hearing today. Apparently they flew out to Nevada because the plan was that CPS in Nevada would intercept the children at the hearing, Utah DCFS would meet them to pick up the children, and then fly them back to Utah leaving my parents blindsided, and with no reason to continue to fight for guardianship. At least this is how any logical person would interpret their actions, and also someone who knows just how unbelievably aggressive they are and persistent in snatching up children. Ahhh Ahhh Ahhh Utah. There is a process to this ordeal.

I doubt I am the first to say this, but we trust these people with the children in our communities! Why? I promise you, if you fight this system, you will face incredible lows, an uphill battle, and loneliness. In return, if you don't give up, you might fucking win! Now I am not out of the woods, but I have a strong feeling I am on to something. I have known no greater will power and dedication to something than I have expressed through my case. I have seen the corruption, I have encountered lies, and I have seen social workers so upset and express such inappropriate behavior that I have found comfort in it. It's actually very fucked up, but I have risen to a place where I have begun to love going to court, because I know I am right, and they have stripped me of my kids, so I have come to a place where I have been hardened and have nothing else to lose, why let up now?

If the state is not going to respect the legal process, then who is? If the state is not held accountable for their actions, then who is going to make it public? If the government hides itself in their loopholes, their lies, and their immunity from being held accountable, then what is it going to take to have justice for the children in this community, as well as the parents? I don't think there is ANYONE speaking out against the wrong doings of the government when it comes to agencies such as DCFS, CPS, or whatever other name they hope to use to take away from the animosity that surrounds them. This blog only reaches so many, but I will say this, the government has chosen me. They have chosen my family. The decided that this family was going to be the one that they would take to court, win, and steal my children. Guess what? I am also the one who has nothing more to lose.

If you are going through this it's time to stand up for yourself. Time to hold the correct people accountable. Long after this is all said and done, I won't be putting the breaks on trying to reach out to the correct people to reform this agency, I won't stop requesting an audit be done, and I won't stop trying to raise awareness about this. I have absolutely no intentions on letting up. Because they chose me, they are also choosing to defend their organization. I don't quit. It's not who I am.

Stay motivated.







 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lets rattle some cages together...

My audience is very specific. I am getting back into this blog because I have been written by several people who are going through the same devastating experience I had been through, and want me to continue this blog. In the beginning I felt as though continuing this blog would only force me to hold on to negative feelings that I don’t want to embrace any longer, but as I speak out to family and friends, they encourage me to move past those feelings, and use my experience to help others. I get it. Yes, it still stings, and it has taken me quite some time to get around to the idea of keeping this blog open because there are constant thoughts of, “what happens if the state attempts to retaliate?” because let be honest, they aren’t above it. Then I thought, this is my platform. It might not be much, it might not reach many people, but here is where I begin to help others. I want to begin a podcast essentially. I want to review cases of families that are going through similar situatio
Hello all, You don't know me, and neither does Utah's DCFS, but I have created this blog in hopes that you will get to know me better than the system has attempted to. My name is Sydney Claxton-Martinez. I have many roles that I play in my life. I am a mother, a wife, a United States Marine, a daughter, a sister, and so forth. A more recent title that has been thrusted upon my husband and I has been child abuser. August 4, 2016 has gone down as one of the worst days of my life. Upon waking up, and attempting to feed my 6 week old child (at the time), I noticed that his right arm and right leg were twitching. I monitored him for about 10 minutes, called my in laws to get my older two, and rushed my son to the hospital. Upon arrival to the hospital a CT scan was done of my son’s head. The doctor came up to me and explained to my surprise that my son had multiple skull fractures and bleeding of the brain. He explained that my son needed to be transferred to a different ho

Utah DCFS update

Good Evening All! I have been having mixed emotions about what has been going on when it comes to DCFS. I find that the problem does not fall strictly on one organization, but rather multiple government agencies. My husband and I have been lied to, my parents (who have my oldest 2) have been manipulated, and in the end the conclusion is that the state gets what they want because they are willing to stoop to unbelievable lows in order to reach their goal. Every year DCFS is given funding that allows for their mass destruction of families. In order for the program to gain funding, they must remove a certain number of children from homes to sustain the budget. Not only this, but if you look in the DCFS manual, you will notice that they also get an "incentive bonus" for the adoption of children away from their families. Let me tell you some things about me and my family. My husband and I are veterans, we both are college educated, we own our above average house, our childre